Ranked in Band 2, Chambers & Partners, Corporate & M&A (Global), 2022 and 2023.
Yashasvi graduated from National Law School, Bangalore, in 2001. He is also a qualified company secretary and has completed a PGP in Management from the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad. Prior to joining the firm in 2010, Yashasvi worked with Infosys Technologies in Bangalore, Daulet-Singh & Associates in Delhi, and with White & Case in Singapore. He heads the firm’s Bangalore office and has represented leading corporate clients on a variety of transactional and related corporate matters. At the firm, Yashasvi has advised various multinational corporations and financial institutions including AstraZeneca, BP, Constantia Flexibles, Diageo, GE Capital, Mylan Inc., Solvay and Wellington Management.
Select Corporate & M&A Experience:
- Advised Constantia Flexibles in connection with its proposed joint venture with Premji Invest. and SB Packagings.
- Advised United Spirits Limited on the sale / franchise of certain brands in the ‘Popular’ segment to Inbrew Beverages Private Limited.
- Advised a leading GCC sovereign wealth fund with its pre IPO placement into MobiKwik.
- Advised a leading GCC sovereign wealth fund in the first major overseas listing of an Indian company, ReNew Power, via the SPAC route, involving an enterprise value of US$8 billion.
- Advised AstraZeneca on the sale of certain brands in its legacy and branded generics portfolio housed in its Indian listed entity to Zydus Healthcare.
- Advised BP on the sale of its majority shareholding in Tata BP Solar to Tata Power.
- Advised Constantia Flexibles on its acquisition of controlling stakes in Parikh Packaging and Creative Polypack.
- Advised Diageo Group on several matters, including the acquisition of a controlling interest in United Spirits Limited involving two open offers, on-market share purchases, schemes of arrangement and disposals of various non-core assets involving United Spirits Limited.
- Advised Mylan Inc. on its acquisition of Strides Arcolab’s multi-jurisdictional specialty pharmaceuticals and generic injectable business.
- Advised New York Life during the life of its investment in its joint venture with Max Life on bancassurance and various other insurance related matters and on the sale of its entire 26% shareholding in Max New York Life.
- Advised Solvay Group on several corporate transactions, including the acquisition of a majority shareholding in each of Sunshield Chemicals Limited and Rhodia Specialty Chemicals India Limited (both listed companies, triggering open offers), and a joint venture with Anthea Aromatics dedicated to the production of catechol derivatives.
Select Private Equity & Venture Capital Experience:
- Advised Wellington Management in connection with its Series F investment in Urban Company, the leading home services marketplace.
- Advised Lupa Systems in connection with its Series B investment in Doubtnut, an ed-tech venture.
- Advised Actis on its private equity investments in, and exits from, several target companies operating in varied sectors.
- Advised GE Capital on the divestment of its private equity portfolio in India, including its stakes in Titagarh Wagons Limited, Oriental Structural Engineers Private Limited and C&S Electric Limited.
- Advised Wellington Management on several transactions, including the divestment of its entire shareholding in NSE, its investments in BlackBuck, Juspay, Urban Company and Digit Insurance and its follow-on investment in Swiggy.
- National Law School, Bangalore, B.A,LL.B (Hons.), 2001
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, (PGP in Management), 2009
- Admitted to the Bar Council of Delhi, 2003 (transferred to the Bar Council of Karnataka, 2019)
- Associate Member, Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Ranked in Band 2, Chambers & Partners, Corporate & M&A (Global), 2022 and 2023.
“Yashasvi Mohanram in Bengaluru has private sector experience and a large international client base. He handles investments and provides advice on corporate matters. “He has the ability to solve problems and provide clear and concise advice.””
“Yash stands out in leading negotiations to secure a successful outcome despite significant challenges posed by legal complexities.”
- Recognised as an In-House Community External Counsel of the Year, 2018
“Yashasvi Mohanram of Platinum Partners in Mumbai handled a number of equity dispositions for us and did an excellent job, working through a variety of problematic issues with multiple internal stakeholders.”
‘Promoter vs. controlling shareholder: what Sebi must reconsider in its reclassification norms’
‘Shareholders’ Rights & Shareholder Activism India Law and Practice’ | Chambers Global Practice Guide (2020)
‘Shareholders’ Rights & Shareholder Activism India Trends and Developments’ | Chambers Global Practice Guide (2020)
‘Corporate M&A – India Law and Practice’ | Chambers Global Practice Guide (2nd edition -2019)